In any organization, the key to success lies in the personnel who lead and operate the organization day to day. The monstrous federal bureaucracy in Washington, D.C. and “Satellite” federal offices throughout America are no exception. Recently, these un-elected, appointed “career bureaucrats,” whose civil service positions are immune from political “hiring and firing at will” through codified civil service law and powerful federal employee unions, are considered so entrenched in their positions, so “deeply embedded,” as to be immune to any effective control or redirection through a change in the political leadership of the Executive Branch of Government. Thus, these “deeply entrenched” federal employees of the bureaucracy have been recently dubbed as the “Deep State.”
Thus, current conventional wisdom concludes that the election of Republican Nationalist and Populist Conservative Donald Trump as President to replace the Democratic Socialist and Muslim-Sympathizing Barack Obama, will have little effect upon the largely Obama administration-appointed bureaucrats in the “Deep State” who operate the federal government’s many departments and agencies on a day-to-day basis. While a few hundred, perhaps even a few thousand, are political appointees who are Obama loyalists who can be replaced by Donald Trump and GOP/Conservative loyalists, this number at the top of the bureaucracy is dwarfed by the approximately two million civil service bureaucrats in the employ of the federal bureaucracy.
Of these, hundreds of thousands are effectively involved at various levels of authority and responsibility, in shaping government policy. In the populist, nationalist and revolutionary change in philosophy from left-wing socialist to conservative nationalist by the election of Donald Trump, the Executive Branch, including the Cabinet and Departmental leadership, along with at least several hundred top assistants and directors in the upper management will be appointed as Trump loyalists to carry out the mandate of the electorate who placed President Trump in office.
However, there are hundreds of thousands of mid-level and lower-level bureaucratic managers in the unelected, un-appointed so-called “meritocracy” of so-called “civil service” who are, in stark reality, largely loyal to the Obama administration they previously served and are strongly, stridently unionized, and function as an Obama-loyal “Deep State”which, through “subterfuge,” “passive-aggressive,” and “direct, confrontational” resistance, will do everything in their massive, collective power to undermine, stall, misdirect, misinterpret, countermand, and openly oppose, their duty to carry forth the executive actions to implement the policy and legislative agenda of President Trump and the GOP-controlled Congress.
Thus, we have the “conventional wisdom” that the “Deep State” will hinder and obstruct the will and agenda Trump administration and Congress, with help from the obstructionist Democrats in Congress, and the “Shadow Opposition Government” led from within the Obama post-Presidential residence scarcely two miles from the Trump White House. The George Soros-funded professional and amateur agitators and rioters who have taken to the streets to “brawl and burn” in direct opposition to President Trump and Congress are also part of a brazen attempt to overthrow Donald Trump as President.
This “conventional wisdom” regarding the “Obama Deep State” is based upon a premise that these hundreds of thousands of embedded liberal-left bureaucrats are untouchable and cannot be replaced. This is a false premise derived from a combination of established employee labor union practices and contracts and established professional practices of government managers and personnel directors, whom, both in the federal government, state and local government and even the private sector, consider these “Deep State” civil service bureaucrats to be virtually impossible to fire, dismiss or otherwise remove from office for cause.
This author however, as a former superintendent of schools, campus principal, and classroom teacher, small business owner and transit system director, knows from leadership and managerial experience that any employee can be terminated for cause. As a qualified expert in personnel administration, who was up against teacher contracts and union bargaining agreements specifically designed to make termination of ineffective employees very difficult, this author assures the reader, as well as President Donald Trump and Congress, that “Deep State” employees can be terminated.
Furthermore, the entire Obama-infested “Deep State” filled with “left-wing, globalist termites,” can be destroyed and replaced with a newly appointed government civil service composed of Trump administration loyalists who will carry forth the agenda of the new President, the GOP Congress, and most importantly, the will of the people of America who elected this new and patriotic government last November.
The two fundamental problems requiring the destruction of the “Obama Deep State” are:
(1) The employees will obstruct and resist carrying forth the mandate of the conservative, nationalist patriots who elected President Trump;
(2) the existing longstanding perception that personnel policies, contract language, and union opposition makes termination virtually impossible – so managers are extremely hesitant do try.
However, this “impossible to terminate” is a myth perpetuated by unions and cowardly administrators. The truth is, there are three fundamental reasons employees can be terminated, backed by decades of court decisions:
Of the three primary reasons employees may be terminated, “insubordination” is the easiest of the three to successfully use to dismiss. “Insubordination” is far more objective in nature, while there is a substantial amount of subjective interpretation with regard to “incompetence” and, in today’s increasingly immoral society, “immorality.” In the case of the Obama-infested “Deep State,” the clearly obvious problem is “insubordination.”
While admittedly the task of destroying and replacing the ‘Obama Deep State’ is daunting and fraught with difficulty, it not only can be done, but if President Trump and the Congress are to save America and make her “Great Again,” destroying and rebuilding the ‘Obama Deep State’ into and Executive Branch loyal to President Trump and the GOP Congress, simply must be done. Any “Deep State” employee who willfully defies their immediate supervisor in carrying out the mandates of the Trump administration is engaging in “insubordination,” and that is just cause for termination from government service. Depending upon the nature of the position and duties, and also the nature of the insubordination, such defiance may also be construed as “treason.”
Writing from my experience as a professional personnel administrator with expert level ability, my well-researched and experience verified components of the winning strategy for destruction of the ‘Obama Deep State,’ primarily for cause of insubordination, are threefold:
(1) The chain of command, beginning at the very top with the President, Executive Office staff, Cabinet Secretaries, and other top level appointees, must issue firm directives down through the descending administrative and managerial ranks to the lowest levels in every department and agency, to initiate and effect the termination of any and all federal employees who obstruct and resist Trump administration directives and thus are insubordinate;
(2) the managers and supervisors must follow federal personnel policies, procedures and union contract agreements, thus proceeding termination actions correctly both in substance (evidence) and procedure (due process);
(3) in all cases and at all levels, where a case for termination has been developed correctly both in evidence and due process procedure, it is absolutely essential that either the immediate supervisor support the recommendation of the supervisor below to terminate the offending employee, or initiate and effect the termination of the insubordinate supervisor (chain of command must be unbroken).
The professional process for successfully terminating an employee, in this case employees of the ‘Obama Deep State,’ is fundamentally the same as in nearly any large organized bureaucracy with personnel policies and in this case, union contract language governing the requirements for termination. The immediate supervisor must:
(1) repeatedly observe the job performance, including instances of insubordination, to gather either “substantial evidence” or a “preponderance of evidence”;
(2) the immediate supervisor must carefully and thoroughly document in writing in considerable detail, repeated and frequent, or present acts of willful defiance of lawful directives and thus, insubordination;
(3) the immediate supervisor must complete a written performance evaluation of the employees work, including the insubordination, and score the evaluation that determines the employee “insubordinate”, and thus is recommended in writing for termination for cause;
(4) the evidence must be substantial enough to withstand scrutiny at higher bureaucratic levels, and in civil courts of law, that the termination will be upheld;
(5) such scrutiny will include managers and directors higher up the bureaucratic chain of command, and as such, in all cases where the recommended termination for insubordination or other lawful cause is valid, that all other administrators upstairs in the chain of command will support and defend the original recommendation to terminate the insubordinate or otherwise ineffectual federal employee.
This set of termination procedures are universally accepted as best practices through research and field experience over many decades and countless bureaucratic appeal hearings and civil court decisions. The ‘Obama Deep State’ can indeed be rooted out systematically and destroyed through established, legal due process, to clear the way for rebuilding a federal bureaucracy that affirms loyalty to the current President Donald Trump, but far more importantly, affirms loyalty to the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
The only obstacle is to affect an “en masse” change in administrative will and the “stiffening of the backbone,” voluntarily or on command, from the very top to the very bottom of the federal bureaucracy beginning with President Trump and an appropriate “Drain the Swamp” Executive Order to remove from federal employment anyone who does not subordinate their duties and responsibilities to the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Rule of Law, and to the sitting President of the United States.
Only by these actions through what this author calls “Effective, Patriotic and Constitutional Personnel Administration,” to “tear down the wall” of inaction by legions of federal management bureaucrats who are too cowardly or too lazy to remove unproductive employees, will the ‘Obama Deep State’ be removed and a new government bureaucracy responsive to the mandate of the American electorate and loyal to the Commander in Chief, be rebuilt.
The voting electorate of the United States elected Donald Trump and a GOP dominated Congress in November of 2016, and created a mandate for “Draining the Swamp” of government corruption, and rebuilding a severely damaged nation that was savagely attacked for 8 years by Obama and the Democratic Party. If Trump and Congress is to succeed in the mandate to reverse this nightmare and “Make America Great Again,” it is absolutely essential that in turn, a firm mandate must be ordered to the Personnel Administrators in the federal bureaucracy, to root out all federal employees disloyal to the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and the Trump Administration electoral mandate.
We must destroy and replace the ‘Obama Deep State,’ and my fellow Americans and Patriots, as you have just read, the ‘Obama Deep State’ can be destroyed. All that is necessary is an executive order from President Donald Trump and “hundreds of thousands of treasonous heads working in the Obama Deep State will begin to roll.”
Let Freedom Ring! May God Bless President Trump, and the United States of America.