How Social Media’s Useful Idiots Responded to the Manchester Suicide Bomb
This morning I woke to learn that 22 people had been killed and upwards of 50 injured by a Muslim terrorist bomber at an Ariana Grande pop concert in Manchester, England. So, based on past events, I thought I’d predict how it would pan out on social media.
I really didn’t have to wait long for the first part of my prediction to come true.
Let’s pause to consider what’s going on here. Right now in the morgues of Manchester’s hospitals are the dismembered remains of beautiful children like 16-year old Georgina Callandar.
They were so looking forward to seeing Ariana Grande with their friends or their mums and dads or brothers and sisters. They were so happy as they headed for their homes afterwards – but some of them never made it. A Muslim suicide bomber killed them in the belief that his religion ordained it, that it would speed his journey to paradise, and that this was the kind of thing he and his brethren should carry on doing until the whole world submits to Islam.
Now you’ll note that at no stage was Katie Hopkins – or indeed any other spokesman for conservative causes – involved in the planning or execution of this atrocity. You’ll also be well aware – if you’ve read round the subject – that nothing Katie Hopkins or anyone else says or does is going to stop these things happenings. As Islamic State, the main force behind this wave of violence, make perfectly clear in their literature, they’re going to keep on hating us whatever we do.
The fact is, even if you were to stop bombing us, imprisoning us, torturing us, vilifying us, and usurping our lands, we would continue to hate you because our primary reason for hating you will not cease to exist until you embrace Islam. Even if you were to pay jizyah and live under the authority of Islam in humiliation, we would continue to hate you. No doubt, we would stop fighting you then as we would stop fighting any disbelievers who enter into a covenant with us, but we would not stop hating you…The gist of the matter is that there is indeed a rhyme to our terrorism, warfare, ruthlessness, and brutality.
You might have hoped after London, Mumbai, Boston, Paris, Nice, Berlin, and Stockholm that the message would have begun to filter through by now: that we’ve got the watches, but they’ve got the time and that they’re planning on continuing till they’ve won.
So why, every time, without fail, do we get the same achingly predictable response on social media from the useful idiots of the progressive left? Why do they insist on focusing their rage on people like Katie Hopkins when clearly this has nothing whatsoever to do with people like Katie Hopkins?
- Stupidity. Thanks to a dumbed-down education system and ignorant, left-leaning teachers, a lot of people lack either the knowledge base or the intellectual capacity to understand that what’s going on here really is a Clash of Civilizations – not some series of random incidents provoked by “Islamophobia” and foreign policy
- Ideology. Many Soros-funded progressives see Western Civilization as the problem. They want it to fail. They want open borders. They hate people who oppose these things far more than they hate terrorists.
- Virtue-signalling. Tweeting your concerns about Islamophobia while the bodies from the latest Islamic atrocity are barely cold is a very fashionable way of showing how high-minded and decent you are. It means you are capable of rising above raw emotion and that you care about The Other.
- Peer pressure. The liberal-left – most especially the arty and chattering class types I call the Wankerati – live in a bubble. They never associate with anyone who doesn’t think as stupidly as they do – therefore they never have original or insightful opinions.
- Cowardice. They think if they don’t stick their heads above the parapet no one will notice. Or, as Churchill once put it: “Each one hopes that if he feeds the crocodile enough, the crocodile will eat him last.”