Political correctness: making everything that it touches suck
Political correctness is running amok. Viz:
• Wearing a gorilla costume may be offensive. That is a warning issued by social justice warriors at Florida State University.
Why are gorilla Halloween costumes offensive?
The activists weren’t expressly specific. Our presumption is that some consider the costumes offensive to black Americans.
The same do-gooders at FSU discouraged students from donning Latinx costumes. Latinx, for those unfamiliar with the most recent language-loading terms of cultural Marxism, is their gender-neutral term for Latino.
Apparently the defenders of social justice worry that students may deck themselves in sombreros.
Oddly, the students at FSU didn’t seem to think European-themed costumes should be avoided. Apparently only non-whites are thin skinned; at least in the minds of cultural Marxism.
• The quest for political correctness took a turn for the worse in California where a group called Project Include has excluded a PayPal co-founder from their organization. Project Include presses for inclusion in the tech industry; or say the claim.
So why was Peter Thiel excluded?
A spokeswoman for the group explained that their “values are not aligned”.
Thiel donated $1.25-million to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. That triggered his exclusion.
Project Include was reportedly founded by a group of women. Apparently they fail to see their own hypocrisy: A group advocating inclusion, excludes those with whom they disagree.
• Political correctness ran amok in Norman, Oklahoma where a teacher informed his high school class that “To be white is to be racist.”
A student became concerned when the teacher flipped on a video featuring a young man painting sections of a globe white. The man then wrote his name on it. That’s what white people do, he explained.
A student became concerned and turned her cellphone camera to the front of the classroom and captured the teacher’s outrageous contentions.
A letter to the school’s administrator was met with a cold reception.
• Some social justice warriors even go to court to force us into the cultural Marxism mode. Such was the case in Toronto, Canada where the Cleveland Indians were taken to court. The plaintiffs contended that the ball team’s name and logo should be banned.
Why? They are racially insensitive and offensive.
The court disagreed and allowed the ball team to use the name and logo at the American League Championship Series in Toronto.
In time, we suppose, Indiana will be compelled to change its name to Nativeamericana.
• We all know, of course, that flying the Confederate flag is the epitome of insensitivity; an expression of hate.
But what about the infamous black ISIS flag?
A court in Sweden ruled the flag does not constitute hate speech.
Prosecutor Gisela Sjövall announced last week that she would not prosecute a 23-year-old man who had posted the black ISIS flag on his Facebook page in June. Police in Laholm, a town on Sweden’s west coast, had launched a criminal investigation into the man, who comes originally from Syria, on suspicion of committing “hate speech”. “Put simply, one can say that he is expressing contempt for ‘all others’, and not against a specific ethnic group,” Sjövall told Sweden’s SVT broadcaster.
Since 9-11-2001 there have been 29,502 documented Islamic terrorist attacks; or about three per day. During that same time span the United Daughters of the Confederacy haven’t blown up anyone.
• Perhaps the most disturbing display of unabashed political correctness was demonstrated by the president of the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
Terrence M. Cunningham apologized “for the actions of the past and the role that our profession has played in society’s historical mistreatment of communities of color.”
While police unions are groveling to avoid social ostracization, the number of shootings rose in Chicago. Comparing year-to-date crime reports to those of the previous year, reports say the number of shooting has increased by 1,000 compared to the previous 12 months.
Leaders in the black community should apologize to the police for placing them under extreme duress.
• Political correctness is a universal plague.
It showed up in Australia where school children in Victoria are being taught cultural-Marxist feminism in the guise of equity.
Children are learning that men are violent, dominant, and the source of family strife. Never mind that the (pseudo) feminist agenda is patently anti-family and advocates the ultimate form of family violence: abortion. The curriculum is based on cultural Marxism’s “sacred science” of equity; that only social causes can be attributed to income disparity.