The instructions provided here aim to guide authors in the preparation of their articles. They are strongly recommended for our users and are required for our editorial staff.
1. Lede should be formatted as Heading 3. There’s no dot at the end of the lede.
2. Subheadings should be formatted as Heading 2.
3. Quotes are written on a separate line and formatted as quotes using the edit panel.
4. If after the quotation there is a reference to a person or a source, then a comma, a closing parenthesis and dash are used after it. The source is highlighted in bold.
“Estimates from some intelligence services indicate several dozen people directed by IS may be currently present in Europe with a capability to commit terrorist attacks,” - Europol warned.
5. Quotes are not highlighted in italics.
6. If the source link goes before the quote, then colon is used after the reference. The quote should be written in a new line and formatted as quote by pressing the relevant button on the edit panel.
7. If the quote is incorporated in the middle of a sentence, it shouldn't be formatted as a quotation and should not be written on a new line.
Automatic firearms are the weapons of choice for terrorist cells, and easier access to them in countries neighboring the EU, particularly in Ukraine and Western Balkan countries, “may lead to a significant number of those weapons becoming available via the black market, posing a significant threat in the near future,” the report says
In a case, when a source/author goes after a quote along with some additional information, then the subject and predicate is highlighted in bold (additional information is not highlighted in bold).
“We have to be vigilant, since the threat posed by the so-called Islamic State (IS) and returning foreign fighters is likely to persist in the coming years. These people are trained to use explosives and firearms and they have been indoctrinated by the jihadist ideology,” - EU Counter-terrorism Coordinator Gilles de Kerchove stated in a press release.
8. If there's a part of quotation in the middle of a sentence,it should be highlighted in italics.
The report also noted that Islamic State is not the only terrorist group with the “intent and capability to carry out attacks against the West, or to inspire individuals and groups residing in EU Member States to do so.”
9. Names of books, movies, etc. are highlighted in italics:
... he have read the book Harry Potter and the Cursed Child ...
The author's name is written in abbreviated form, i.e. surname and initials:
by J.K. Rowling
10. List is made automatically (!). But if the numbers go in subtitles, automatic formatting is not required.